Here's a few things I needed to do that weren't immediately obvious to get gblogger setup and get my first post posted using emacs on windows with cygwin.
- Manually edited the makefile and set up the editor because emacs wasn't in my path.
EMACS = "/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Emacs/emacs/bin/emacs.exe"
- Installed curl, xsltproc (via libxml2, libxslt) in cygwin
- (don't forget to setup email/password for account you want to post to)
- From this I found the "magic number" and url to use for posting. I opened up my main blog page and found the url after <link rel="service.post">.
And that was it. I originally thought I would use gblogger because it would encourage me to blog more since I'm always in emacs anyway. But the interface/usage is a little klunkier than I was expecting, but possibly this is just my unfamiliarity with the system. I intend to play with it a little more.