Thursday, January 8, 2009

100 Pushups: week 6 milestone - 60

OK, so after almost 7 month of the hilariously named 6 week program for achieving 100 pushups I finally hit 60. And actually it's even better than that because I did a total of 188 reps (in sets of 18 to 30) immediately preceding this.

So I'm making progress. There is probably a more efficient training regimen, but I'm getting there.

I don't know if this really is what got me there tonight but several times earlier in the day I had rehearsed in my head the last 5 pushups. 56. 57. 58. 59. 60! I visualized getting stronger on each one. And I felt sort of lame and new agey doing this, but I really wanted to hit this milestone tonight so I was willing to allow a little "woo" in my life if it was going to give me the edge.

OK, just 40 more. *sigh*

No comments: